Exam AZ-103 : Azure Administrator
Before attending this course, students must have the following technical knowledge:
- Completed the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012/2016 or Windows Server 2019.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including: TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites, including: how to create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including: domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
About this Course
This course teaches IT professionals how to provision and manage services in Microsoft Azure. Students will learn how to implement infrastructure components such as virtual networks, virtual machines, containers, web and mobile apps, and storage in Azure. Students also will learn how to plan for and manage Azure AD, and configure Azure AD integration with on-premises Active Directory domains.Audience profile.This course is intended for IT professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure.
This course is intended for:
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services, containers, and virtual machines (VMs) in Azure.
- IT professional who use Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate server infrastructure.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Azure to host websites and mobile app back-end services.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification Exam AZ103
At course completion After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Azure architecture components, including infrastructure, tools, and portals. Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and configure cross-premises connectivity.
- Plan and create Azure VMs.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure VMs to optimize availability and reliability.
- Implement Azure App Service.
- Plan and implement storage, backup, and recovery services.
- Implement container-based workloads in Azure.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Implement Azure AD.
- Manage an Active Directory infrastructure in a hybrid environment.
- Automate operations in Azure by using Azure Automation runbooks.
Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft Azure
Lesson 1: Cloud technology overview
Lesson 2: Overview of Azure
Lesson 3: Managing Azure with the Azure portal
Lesson 4: Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
Lesson 5: Overview of Azure Resource Manager
Lesson 6: Azure management services
Module 2: Implementing and managing Azure networking
Lesson 1: Overview of Azure networking
Lesson 2: Implementing and managing virtual networks
Lesson 3: Configuring Azure virtual network
Lesson 4: Configuring virtual network connectivity
Lesson 5: Overview of Azure networking in IaaS
Module 3: Implementing virtual machines
Lesson 1: Overview of IaaS virtual machines
Lesson 2: Planning for Azure Virtual Machines
Lesson 3: Deploying IaaS virtual machines
Lesson 4: Authoring Azure Resource Manager templates
Lesson 5: Overview of IaaS virtual machines
Module 4: Implementing virtual machines
Lesson 1: Configuring virtual machines
Lesson 2: Configuring virtual machine disks
Lesson 3: Managing and monitoring Azure virtual machines
Lesson 4: Managing IaaS virtual machines
Module 5: Implementing Azure App Service
Lesson 1: Introduction to App Service
Lesson 2: Planning app deployment in App Service
Lesson 3: Implementing and maintaining web apps
Lesson 4: Configuring web apps
Lesson 5: Monitoring web apps and WebJobs
Lesson 6: Implementing mobile apps
Lesson 7: Traffic Manager
Module 6: Planning and implementing storage, backup, and recovery services
Lesson 1: Planning storage
Lesson 2: Implementing and managing Azure Storage
Lesson 3: Implementing Azure content delivery networks
Lesson 4: Implementing Azure Backup
Lesson 5: Planning and implementing Azure Site Recovery
Module 7: Planning and implementing Azure SQL Database
Lesson 1: Planning and deploying Azure SQL Database
Lesson 2: Implementing and managing Azure SQL Database
Lesson 3: Managing Azure SQL Database security
Lesson 4: Monitoring Azure SQL Database
Lesson 5: Managing Azure SQL Database business continuity
Module 8: Implementing PaaS cloud services
Lesson 1: Planning and deploying PaaS cloud services
Lesson 2: Managing and maintaining cloud services
Module 9: Implementing Azure Active Directory
Lesson 1: Creating and managing Azure AD tenants
Lesson 2: Configuring application and resource access with Azure AD
Lesson 3: Overview of Azure AD Premium
Module 10: Managing an Active Directory infrastructure in a hybrid environment
Lesson 1: Extending an on-premises Active Directory domain to Azure
Lesson 2: Implementing directory synchronization by using
Azure AD Connect
Lesson 3: Implementing federation
Module 11: Implementing Azure-based management and automation (Theory)
Lesson 1: Implementing OMS
Lesson 2: Implementing Azure Automation
Lesson 3: Implementing Automation run books
Lesson 4: Managing Azure Automation